Do you know that dry cracked heels are common skin condition especially in winter?
Dry cracked heel can lead to infection and make walking very painful. Here are few things you can do to beat cracked heels:
Home Remedy For Cracked Heels
- Soak your feet in warm to hot water for 15-20 minutes
- Scrub heels with pumice stone, scrubbing off dry dead skin
- Marinate feet and heel in Vaseline petroleum jelly while feet are still wet, wait a minute or two, and then put on a pair of socks overnight.
- If heels are deeply cracked and bleeding, make sure you contact your podiatrist in other to prevent infection and avoid further ulceration
- It is very important to hydrate your skin especially your feet and heels in the winter months
After following these steps, a noticeable difference in the smoothness of your heels should be the result. Repeat steps over the next 7 night. If desirable result not attained, call, Choice Podiatry Center. Other underlying conditions such as dry athlete foot might require professional attention of your podiatrist.